* Previous work experience within the Indirect tax arena. This could be gained through working in Customs and Excise, within Practice at a 'Big 4' firm or another reputable firm or from within Industry.
* Knowledge of the Indirect Tax market is essential, accompanied by strong technical knowledge.
* Proven work winning experience coupled with strong networking and relationship building skills. This will include marketing both in the external market place and internally across other lines of service.
* The ability to fully take ownership of client relationships and be able to cross sell and network internally to ensure their needs are met.
* Commercial awareness. This may be gained through specific industry knowledge or through managing a number of clients in various industries.
* Strong interpersonal skills, which will be demonstrated through maintaining and developing key client relationships as well as team leadership roles.
* Strong technical skills coupled with the communication skills to explain complex issues in clear concise way to clients and non-tax colleagues.
* Must be a self-starter with the ability to market yourself and your team both internally and externally.
* Ability to demonstrate strong analytical skills
* Flair for negotiating with VAT authorities in order to get the best result for your client.
* People management skills with proven experience of delegation and project delivery through a team.
* Excellent project management skills.
* Strong academic record
* CTA qualified or substantial relevant work experience gained within the Indirect Tax field.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.