The objective of the EMEA Tax Team is to ensure the Bank meets all of its EMEA compliance obligations, to provide tax advice and, as a trusted adviser, support to the EMEA Business Units and to identify, develop and implement global tax initiatives which are consistent with the requirements of various EMEA businesses and the rapidly changing legislative and regulatory landscapes.
Reporting to a Tax Manager in the Compliance and reporting team, the new recruits responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
* Handling and managing the local tax compliance responsibilities for a number of companies in the UK
* Day to day handling of the US and local GAAP tax reporting responsibilities for a number of companies in the UK
* Providing assistance in US tax record keeping both to meet compliance responsibilities and to assist in tax planning
* Providing assistance in US tax forecasting process both to meet compliance responsibilities and to assist in tax planning
* To ensure, in conjunction with the Global Head of Transfer Pricing, that appropriate transfer pricing arrangements are implemented, documented and supporting evidence maintained for business activities.
* Provide tax support for ad-hoc tax planning projects, controversy investigations, business / legal entity restructurings.
* The role provides exposure to a diverse range of tax reporting and operational issues enabling the candidate to develop a detailed understanding of the Global Markets and Global Banking businesses;
* The role will involve direct contact with a variety of Tax and Finance professionals in the UK, Europe and US;
* The role will enable the candidate to work with experienced senior tax professionals who will help develop their tax skills and knowledge;
* There is opportunity to progress within the firm.
* Proactive, conscientious and high level of attention to detail
* Good interpersonal skills to build working relationships with the tax team, the Business, advisors, the finance team and HMRC.
* ACA/CTA or equivalent tax qualification
* Experience in an accountancy firm or in an in-house tax department. International and financial services tax experience.
The next step:
Please contact Paul Kempton to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity.