US Tax Operations Analyst role required for this global bank. Based in Canary Wharf. Paying up to £50k + bens
Your new company
Global bank HQ'ed in Canary Wharf
Your new role
The role is for a Tax Specialist within London IB Tax Operations (Tax Ops) and is a permanent position.
The individual will have the opportunity to form part of team comprising up to 6 people and must have had experience processing Operational Taxes, and/or Middle Office transactions and trades.
The Firm's aggressive Change Agenda, underpinned by the need to comply with an unprecedented number of Global Tax Regulatory deliverables (primarily IRS Regulation 871m), requires the need for a Tax Analyst to ensure the Firm complies with the complex regulations by ensuring daily processes, procedures and oversight across the function are adhered to, thus maintaining a robust Control Framework in a dynamic and changing Tax Regulatory environment.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Query and relationship management of key clients and Front Office desks
* Verifying tax rates applied to Dividend Equivalent Payments on the back of Derivative transactions
* Resolving P&L queries with the trading desks
* Collaborating in the build out of new processes and existing systems, including systems design and Testing, as well as the appropriate robust Control Framework
* Regular interaction with Change and IT Teams to resolve issue arising around Systems testing and Process Design and/or Re-engineering
* Production of Internal Management Reporting Information, production of the appropriate KRI's and KPI's for Management
* Make timely periodic withholding tax deposit Payments to the IRS
* Perform IRS 1042-s/1099 Reporting for in scope payments
* There will also be opportunities to support other areas of Tax Operations globally.
What you'll need to succeed
* UK SX1/MOD Tax Regulations and revised Regulations from 1st January 2014.
* Provision of bespoke Tax Services to Prime Brokerage Clients.
* Income Tax reporting (CT61).
* US 1441 Regulations - Qualified Intermediary and Qualified Securities Lender Tax Reporting and Returns - 1042-s/1099/1042.
* Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), Crown Dependency FATCA and OECD Common reporting Standards Regulations
The Ideal candidate will have graduated with an honours degree or equivalent.
What you'll get in return
you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.