The role sits within the Group Head Office (GHO) of a FTSE 20 company. Group Tax is a team of 14 people based in London, with a support team in Mumbai. The successful candidate will be joining a dynamic in-house tax team, which works collaboratively and prides itself on being a leader within the sector on tax transparency and tax policy initiatives.
Group Tax's role is to provide strategic tax direction to the Group; ensure business opportunities and transactions are optimised from a tax efficiency purpose in a sustainable and responsible manner; and ensure that tax risks, both financial and reputational, are managed and mitigated in a manner consistent with internal risk management practices.
The successful candidate will take on responsibility covering a wide range of advisory, compliance and reporting work including special projects. For example:
* Manage the individual entity tax return process for GHO entities (predominately corporation tax). * Support process for dealing with group matters such as publication of tax strategy, SAO documentation, country by country reporting, and transfer pricing documentation.
* Provide tax analysis during group reporting periods and support the BU relationship managers and the Group Tax Reporting Manager.
* Supporting the process for partnering with tax teams in BUs including providing technical support to the managers and senior managers.
* Support the process for dealing with HMRC queries, including attending meetings with HMRC when required.
* Supporting managers and senior managers on tax lobbying matters initially providing technical research, but with scope to develop further.
Opportunities can also arise to spend time in the BUs and also other Group Finance teams. For BUs with an overseas dimension, this could include both short visits and/or longer secondments overseas as appropriate.
We are looking for people who:
* Continuously seek to improve the quality and effectiveness of outputs by identifying and implementing operational process efficiencies
* Takes proactive ownership and responsibility of issues and manages effectively through to resolution.
* Will actively participate in wider Group Tax, Group Finance work and GHO initiatives, and are team players prepared to help other individuals in Group Tax, the wider Finance team, as well as other BU tax teams if required.
* Can develop and maintain strong working relationships with GHO and BU peers. Leverage those relationships to share knowledge and improve business processes.
* Are adaptable and flexible in their approach to work and can prioritise work to tight deadlines, whilst managing multiple competing demands.
Core Competences Required:
* Recognised tax and/or accounting qualification essential.
* Relevant tax compliance and reporting experience gained in either industry or the profession.
* No financial services experience is required