Working with various areas of the Group and senior stakeholders to ensure they operate in a tax compliant and tax efficient manner, and that any tax mitigation strategies do not expose the Group to technical or reputational risks. To advise the business on the taxation of proposed transactions and potential trades. This will involve the job holder providing relevant, accurate and timely tax advice to the business. A particular area of focus will be to ensure that tax risks and liabilities of the Group arising from its trading activities are mitigated through careful planning whilst meeting the demanding commercial objectives of those businesses.
* Analysis of products and services being offered by the Group to ensure the tax aspects have been properly analysed
* Engagement with senior management in the business in order to explain the tax consequences and the acceptability or otherwise of the product
* Establishing clear guidelines for the business as regards tax aspects of transactions developed by the business or brought forward by clients
* Ensuring the business is aware of tax development and appropriate actions are taken by the business to fulfill its tax obligations.
* Where possible, devise solutions that will allow the business area to undertake its desired business activities without creating tax problems or reputational risk.
* Professional tax related qualification is essential.
* Commercial awareness and sound judgement, a key attribute for the role will be general tax awareness
* Strong communication, problem solving and project management skills
* Financial Services background would be preferable but not essential
The next step:
Please contact Paul Kempton to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity.