Overview of the Role:
* Assist with the timely delivery of the Group's quarterly consolidated results under US GAAP, statutory reports under IFRS & "local GAAP" and preparation of other materials released to market.
* Have shared responsibility for the corporate tax compliance of the UK sub-group.
* Assist the Global tax team to provide corporate tax related support to the UK and international business units in delivering their plans, including support on funding, structuring, M&A activity, transfer pricing and tax risk management.
* Manage junior team members of the Corporate tax team based in London.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Group Financial Reporting
* Assist with the timely preparation and/or review of quarterly consolidated tax provision workings under US GAAP, statutory reporting under IFRS, and "local GAAP", explanation of the divisional tax profile, variances to forecast, key tax risks, ETR outcomes and tax disclosures.
* Manage the tax accounts for various entities, including reconciliations and explanations.
* Assist with tax aspects of forecasting and budgeting, including ETR and cash tax.
* Assist with the Group's transition to a single global Finance Platform and preparation for the Group's SOX compliance readiness.
Corporate Tax - compliance & planning
* Manage the preparation, review and finalisation process of the UK corporate income tax returns; cash tax payments, claims & elections, group relief, interest deductibility and assist with HMRC enquiries.
* Assist with the effective management of the corporate tax profile of the Group's UK companies which would require identification, analysis, assessment and recommending possible actions arising from potential corporate tax impact associated with transactions and corporate activities undertaken by the Group and the changing landscape of the tax environment.
* Monitor the application of the Group's transfer pricing policies, maintaining transfer pricing documentation and procedures in support of those policies.
* Provide tax technical and project support for ad hoc corporate or business related project work
* Identify opportunities and recommend steps to improve and maintain tax efficiency and effectiveness of the Group's operations.
* Assist as needed in overseeing the tax compliance of international entities which is out-sourced to external advisers.
Technical Skills & Qualifications Required:
* Detailed and practical in-house group tax reporting knowledge a must
* US GAAP, IFRS, and SOX reporting knowledge desirable
* Degree or equivalent qualification
* Accountancy and/or tax qualification, with post qualified experience
* Solid grounding in UK corporate tax
* Working knowledge of SAP and Alphatax desirable
* An understanding of the financial services industry (with fund management as a specialism) would be an advantage
The next step:
Please contact Paul Kempton to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity.