An opportunity to join a market leading organisation at the most exciting time in its history, coinciding with the launch of a new product in the UK.
Part of the Accounting and Tax department within the Finance function, where you will gain exposure and learning on unique and complex business models and financial transactions.
A mixed tax role, ensuring compliance with relevant domestic taxation.
You will work on diverse, complex and changing business processes requiring ability to transfer tax (and accounting) know-how into operational practicality for both the conventional and non-conventional business in the UK, Republic of Ireland and Channel Islands.
You will ensure compliance with relevant local statutory and US GAAP accounting and tax regulations, whilst optimising the current and future tax positions.
You will support the optimisation of the company's financial position, particularly working capital, and ensure efficient execution of local affiliate tax processes.
You will monitor domestic and international tax developments and cooperate closely with a variety of stakeholders - both internal (business development and the commercial side of the business, regional finance service centre, audit teams, global tax team, etc) and external (HMRC, actuaries, tax advisers, banks)
* You hold a University degree in Business Administration, Finance, or similar
* You hold an accounting or tax professional qualification (e.g. ACA or CTA)
* You are recently qualified from a Big 4 / Top 10 professional service firm or already have a strong experience in industry with an international FMCG company
* You have great analytical and organisation skills and plus strong attention to detail.
* You have strong priority setting, planning and problem solving skills
* You have a strong knowledge of SAP and other financial systems (GMRB) plus Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook).
* You are effective at dealing with ambiguity and uncertainty in a complex regulatory environment that is subject to constant change
* You are customer focused and have excellent communication, interpersonal and business counselling skills
* You are motivated, a self-starter and able to deliver collaboratively in a team as well as independently.
WHAT WE OFFER
You will benefit from working in a highly skilled team, operating in a dynamic and challenging commercial environment. You will find we provide the opportunity to work with a diverse group of people with varied backgrounds. You will be part of a professional environment with opportunities for career development locally and then internationally. You will have the opportunity to develop along a defined career path with support in your professional development. You will find we offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.