A leading financial services company is looking for a tax manager to join their team in London.
Tax Projects & Consulting:
* Technical research and analysis of the impact of legislative changes.
* Provision of tax advice to the business on new products and businesses.
* Assisting with planning, restructuring projects and advisory matters.
Key responsibilities of the US GAAP tax accounting & reporting
* Review or preparation of tax provisions and FAS 109 reconciliations for material legal entities in Europe.
* Review or preparation of tax forecasts.
* Quarterly review of IFRS and US GAAP tax provisions.
* Purchase accounting work.
* FIN 48 documentations.
* Provision of tax accounting expertise and training to the accounting team.
* Preparation of technical documentation and calculations in support of the bank's tax filings and review of tax returns prepared by KPMG.
* Statutory accounts tax audit.
* Managing bank's relationship with HMRC, including coordinating the response to tax audits and HMRC information requests.
* Providing the bank's business units with withholding tax advice and appropriate documentation.
* Transfer pricing documentation.
* Providing tax guidelines, support and advice to finance team.
Level of Education/ Specific Qualifications:
* Chartered Accountant or equivalent.
* Corporate Tax manager from a top accounting firm with 3-5 years post-qualified experience
Skills and Experience
* Strong accounting background and highly proficient with spreadsheets, databases and tax provision applications (e.g. Taxstream).
* Chartered Tax Advisor qualification.
* Team player. Good analytical and organisational skills, with attention to detail.
Professional organisation membership / certification
* Chartered Accountant or equivalent