* Manage and assist with tax planning and tax implications of any proposed acquisitions, restructurings and corporate development in China.
* Identify opportunities and implement plans to reduce the tax burden in China.
* Review and manage other tax planning matters in China as required.
* Be a support function to the business on tax generally.
* In conjunction with finance, HR & external consultants (where required), ensure that employment and benefit package are efficient.
Oversee Tax Compliance
* Review the preparation of the relevant Chinese corporate tax returns for all group companies in China.
* Monitor the VAT position of the China group, and assist the Finance team with key VAT issues and queries.
* Oversee and manage all corporate tax payments on account.
* Ensure that all companies in China are compliant with local transfer pricing documentation requirements.
* Assist with tax compliance issues arising in China as required, including withholding taxes, payroll taxes, IIT etc.
* Manage any tax audits arising within China.
* Manage tax advisors as required as a part of the compliance process.
* Take responsibility for year end and half year tax reporting.
* Take responsibility for tax reporting for local statutory accounts as required.
* Bachelor's Degree, relevant degree in finance covering accounting and taxation would be beneficial.
* A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience with strong knowledge of Chinese corporate tax.
* Experience of tax compliance and tax accounting IFRS.
* Good working knowledge of principles of international tax and transfer pricing.
* Hands-on approach to complex projects.
* Experience within the tax industry, and training received at a "Big 4" firm is preferable.
* Experience within team management.
* Excellent communication and international abilities.
* Team player and customer oriented.
* Strong analytical, organisational and synthetizing skills.
* Fluent in English.
* Have first-class commercial judgement together with the willingness to use it.
* Demonstrate a passion for the business and a relentless drive for achievement and delivery.
* Have excellent communication skills, be capable of building strong relationships across the organisation and whilst influencing and motivating both internally and externally.
* Have the personal impact to set the appropriate tone and get to the core of issues quickly.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.