A Global Tax Audit Director opportunity has arisen for one of our Multinational clients to be responsible for identifying the tax audit risk in daily operation and proposing/establishing risk elimination solutions, coordinate the local financial team and implementing the tax audit defence strategy.
1. Good understanding of the tax regimes and DTAs of key countries where our client operates, and able to utilize such know-how to guide tax audit cases;
2. Strategic responsibility for managing global tax audit cases, in terms of progress, defence strategies, escalation and closure;
3. Strategic responsibility for close global cooperation with HQ, regional and local tax and business teams to provide tax audit risk mitigation strategy and plan;
4. Strategic responsibility to provide global guidance to tax audit management strategies and mitigation processes, including the drive for continous improvements;
5. Good understanding of the overall business strategy and processes of our client, as well as requirement and expectation of the client top management; act as key influencer with respect to tax audit resolution to achieve optimal outcome for the Group;
6. Strategic responsibility to oversee global tax audit status reporting process, working closely with regional and local tax team to ensure timely reporting; oversee IT reporting tool development / continuous improvement
7. Good understanding of IFRS, local GAAP and accounting practices in key countries where our client operates; make timely advice / recommendation on tax audit provision based on risk exposure, accounting requirement and tax management strategy;
8. To represent, advocate and articulate the views of our client in international tax confrerences / associations / forums that are supportive to mitigate tax audit issues for the Group.
You must come from a Tax audit background within a Big 4 or Multinational firm.
You must have 10 years of tax audit defence experience in OECD countries OR Brazil with an Industry background trained in a Big 4.
For a confidential discussion please call Andrea Ramos