The Tax Manager, based in London, will be an integral member of the small and dynamic global corporate tax department and will support the bank's EMEA tax operations. The successful candidate will report to bank's Head of UK tax and will be responsible for tax advisory, tax reporting, tax compliance and planning initiatives.
Tax Projects & Consulting:
* Technical research and analysis of the impact of legislative changes.
* Provision of tax advice to the business on new products and businesses.
* Assisting with planning, restructuring projects and advisory matters.
Key responsibilities of the US GAAP tax accounting & reporting
* Review or preparation of tax provisions and FAS 109 reconciliations for material legal entities in Europe.
* Review or preparation of tax forecasts.
* Quarterly review of IFRS and US GAAP tax provisions.
* Purchase accounting work.
* FIN 48 documentations.
* Provision of tax accounting expertise and training to the accounting team.
* Preparation of technical documentation and calculations in support of the bank's tax filings and review of tax returns prepared by KPMG.
* Statutory accounts tax audit.
* Managing bank's relationship with HMRC, including coordinating the response to tax audits and HMRC information requests.
* Providing the bank's business units with withholding tax advice and appropriate documentation.
* Transfer pricing documentation.
* Providing tax guidelines, support and advice to finance team.
Level of Education/ Specific Qualifications:
* Chartered Accountant or equivalent.
* Corporate Tax manager from a top accounting firm with 3-5 years post-qualified experience
Skills and Experience
* Strong accounting background and highly proficient with spreadsheets, databases and tax provision applications (e.g. Taxstream).
* Chartered Tax Advisor qualification.
Required Competencies * Team player. Good analytical and organisational skills, with attention to detail.
Professional organisation membership / certification
* Chartered Accountant or equivalent