Based in central London, this hugely successful investment management company have a current need for a interim Tax Accountant.
Reporting into the Senior Tax Manager, the Interim Tax Accountant, will accurately prepare UK Corporation Tax Returns, assist with the preparation of the consolidated tax accrual and related disclosure for Group Reporting, evaluate and document tax risk across the group as well as update the tax compliance and reporting process as required.
This London based Investment Manager provides its institutional, retail and high net-worth clients with access to skilled investment professionals representing a broad range of asset classes, including equities, fixed income, multi asset and alternatives.
The Global Tax team is located in both London and North America, and is responsible for the Corporate, Indirect and Product Tax requirements of the Group.
* Assist with the timely delivery of the Group's quarterly consolidated results under US GAAP, statutory reports under IFRS & "local GAAP" and preparation of other materials released to market.
* Assist with the corporate tax compliance of the UK sub-group.
* Assist the Global tax team to provide corporate tax related support to the UK and international business units in delivering their plans, including support on funding, structuring, M&A activity, transfer pricing and tax risk management.
* Assist the Global tax team in delivering a successful integration and seamless merger of two companies.
Group financial reporting
* Preparation of quarterly tax provision workings under US GAAP, statutory reporting under IFRS and "local GAAP" for the UK sub-group and assist with the explanation of the divisional tax profile, variances to forecast, key tax risks, ETR outcomes and tax disclosures.
* Work closely with the London and US team to ensure a smooth consolidation of the Group's tax reporting results.
* Assist with the management of tax accounts for various entities, including reconciliations and explanations.
* Assist with the Group's transition to a single global Finance Platform and preparation for the Group's SOX compliance readiness.
Corporate tax - compliance, planning and ad hoc
* Preparation and finalisation of UK corporate income tax returns; assist with the management of cash tax payments, claims & elections, group relief, interest deductibility and HMRC enquiries.
* Support the London team with the effective management of the corporate tax profile of the Group's UK companies which would require identification, analysis, assessment and recommending possible actions arising from potential corporate tax impact associated with transactions and corporate activities undertaken by the Group and the changing landscape of the tax environment.
* Provide tax technical and project support for ad hoc corporate or business related project work including UK and offshore business development, corporate transactions, corporate restructure following the merger of the two businesses and numerous integration projects and initiatives.
* Assist as needed in overseeing the tax compliance of international entities which is out-sourced to external advisers.
* Detailed and practical compliance and reporting knowledge a must
* US GAAP, IFRS, and SOX reporting knowledge desirable
* Accountancy and/or tax qualification or near completion of such study
* Solid grounding in UK corporate tax a must