Our client is a diverse, multi-faceted organisation with operations in widely differing fields, from civil engineering to 5-star world-class hospitality, oil & gas and real estate. Our client's philosophy is centered on three fundamental principles - quality, best practice and social responsibility.
Due to the impending introduction of VAT in the GCC countries in 2018, together with our client's continued growth and development in tax jurisdictions worldwide, a clearly defined need to recruit an experienced senior tax professional has arisen. This is a newly created, dedicated in-house Group Tax role.
Reporting to the Group CFO, the successful candidate will:
• Direct and manage the Group Tax function, providing expertise and guidance on all tax-related matters
• Introduce VAT implementation strategies, playing a significant role in executing VAT compliance, planning and internal procedures, in accordance with UAE legislation and GCC VAT framework
• Provide advice on tax exposure in other jurisdictions and minimise tax liabilities through informed application of laws and regulations in relevant territories
• Identify tax risk areas and administer VAT impact and readiness assessments
• Manage all tax compliance, reporting and filing requirements for all entities within the Group
You will be an experienced tax professional, currently operating at Senior Manager or Director level, possessing the desire and drive to manage the in-house tax function. You will possess the following key characteristics:
• Minimum 10 years' tax experience
• Broad range of international tax experience, with practical operational, implementation and advisory experience specifically in VAT
• Bachelor's Degree in Business/Accounting/Finance (or equivalent)
• Hold a professional accounting or tax qualification (ACA/ACCA/CTA or equivalent)
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Fluent in English (written and spoken) is essential