Based in London, this hugely successful technology company is instantly recognised for it's global reach and industry strength. They have a current need for a UK VAT Manager.
Responsible for all VAT matters concerning the firms UK companies, reporting to the Global Head of VAT, this business criritcal UK VAT Manager role will involve a wide variety of tasks, supporting the Global Head of VAT strengthen the companies Indirect Tax matters.
* Prepares quarterly VAT returns for the UK VAT group
* Responsible for all other UK VAT compliance aspects, including companies joining and leaving the VAT group.
* Undertakes VAT accounting, as regards sharing of group VAT liability and repayments between VAT group members
* Undertakes partial exemption calculations and reviews partial exemption methodology, making improvements where needed.
* Performs VAT capital goods scheme calculations
* Undertakes VAT annual adjustment calculations
* Assists in recovery of 8th Directive VAT refunds
* Assists in dealing with HMRC queries regarding VAT.
* Responsible for developing and implementing VAT risk framework and systems and process documentation, underpinning Senior Accounting Officer certification.
* Manages VAT aspects of finance transformation
* Provides VAT advice on a daily basis to the business, for example; structuring of new business and products, reviews client and supplier agreements
* Provides VAT input as regards acquisitions and joint ventures
* Identifies ways of increasing input VAT recovery percentage and other VAT planning ideas
* Provides VAT training to the business
* Assist Global Head of VAT on VAT projects in Europe and beyond
* Currently an experienced VAT manager or Senior Manager in a multinational / major accounting firm
* Proven experience dealing with financial services VAT aspects
* Experience in dealing with branches and VAT.
* Ability to explain complex VAT issues to non-tax professionals
* Proven ability to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders at high levels
* Excellent numerical and analytical skills
* High ethical and quality standards