Responsibility for the management of the direct tax affairs for 2-3 business divisions with the UK group. This shall include
* Main liaison contact for the business, advisors or head office for the sub-groups
* Supervising the direct tax compliance
* Managing all enquiries arising from these divisions. This shall include questions arising from the taxation of products offered as well as group tax issues.
* Projects as required for the wider UK group, including transactions, reorganisations, acquisitions, disposals
Performing support for the UK business lines in relation to both UK and International tax analysis and identification of issues.
* Assisting in new product review process and tax sign off for UK transactions. Therefore a working knowledge of capital market instruments would be preferable.
* Providing technical support to middle and back office areas on withholding tax, tax reclaim and treaty processes.
* Responding to operational tax queries from the trading desks (e.g. withholding tax, qualified intermediaries regime, etc.).
* Reviewing and signing off on Facility Agreements, GMRA and ISDA documentation.
* Responding to ad-hoc queries that arise from the leveraged finance and export finance departments regarding international tax aspects of transactions.
* Co-ordinating with colleagues from EU and non-EU tax jurisdictions regarding international tax implications of transactions.
The next step:
Please contact Paul Kempton to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity.