Mixed Tax Senior, Borehamwood
£ Highly competitive package, including continued study support
At Sopher + Co we make it our business to understand and add value to our clients personal and business affairs whilst building a lasting relationship based on trust and mutual respect. That’s why so many of prestigious clients in the world of entertainment, media, music and show business recommend us year after year.
We’re immensely proud of our roots and maintain a family business approach in everything we do. Our valued employees create the best results, regardless of the client size or location. Every member of our team is prepared to go the extra mile, displaying levels of enthusiasm that cannot be matched by more conventional firms.
About your next role
We’re expanding, which means we have an excellent opportunity for a Mixed Tax Senior or an individual who is ready to make the progression to this level. The successful candidate will be working on both corporate and personal tax clients with the weighting likely to be focused towards corporate tax clients. The role offers variety, autonomy and the opportunity to work with an incredibly broad range of clients.
Our business is geared towards providing not only Accountancy and Taxation services but a consultancy based service to support High Net Worth clients, Entrepreneurs and Trusts through the lifecycle of their business.
The Mixed Tax Senior duties will include
• Reviewing CT600s prepared by the audit/accounts department
• Preparing complex CT tax returns
• Preparing capital allowance computations and answering internal queries on CAs
• Dealing with CT tax return enquiries raised by HMRC
• Dealing with CT queries raised internally
• Preparing complex income tax returns (individuals, Partnerships, trusts and forms P11Ds/PSAs)
• Reviewing income tax returns and accompanying workings as drafted by junior staff
• Preparing/amending and/or approving letters and emails for the Manager’s approval
• Various ad hoc work as it arises such as technical research
• Analytical review of financial data
• Monitoring chargeability on a weekly basis and assisting in the billing process
You will typically have an accounting background and if not AAT qualified then studying to become tax qualified with at least four tax seasons experience of working within a practice accountancy firm. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential progress into a client facing role. You all also have/be
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• The ability to self-manage and work autonomously
• Strong MS office skills, particularly Excel
• Ideally have worked with CCH
• The ability to work with prestigious clients who require complete confidentiality
Sopher + Co is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity in employment and we expect all our employees to act in accordance with this policy, we recognise the key role it plays in the success of our business