About the Role:
This role sits within the broader Tax Product Team. This team has responsibility for providing comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to the business units on asset servicing tax matters and then applying that knowledge to create new and improved products, processes and services. The team is responsible for providing technical guidance, support and direction on a broad range of taxation matters, including analysis of tax changes and the impact to the firm and its clients.
Primarily responsible for providing comprehensive, in-depth technical input in to the Tax Regulatory Product offerings with particular focus on US FATCA, CRS and CDOT.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
* Be subject matter expert for all intergovernmental exchange regimes including but not limited to: US FATCA, CRS, CDOT
* Deal with FATCA and CRS Compliance process considerations for our clients
* Supervise and manage tax consulting projects
* Attendance and participation in various internal working groups and report back to wider team
* Coordinate, manage and pull relevant materials together for key meetings and ensure the programs are appropriately represented
* Ensure issues are escalated to the team on a timely manner especially around any risks of key regulation deadlines not being met
* Present opinions in response to tax authority guidance etc.
* Liaise with Partners across the firm to ensure subject matter experts present consistent approach and understanding
* Manage key timelines and deliverables on all aspect of regulation under the specific remit
* Undertake training to internal partners and external clients as appropriate Input into client/external communications as required
* Liaise with external advisors as required
* Review, interprets and disseminates information to the business units regarding current and proposed laws and regulations.
* Experience and / keen interest in the financial services area with specific experience of FATCA, CDOT and CRS Regulations.
* Strong technical knowledge within the area of Tax Regulation
* Prove relevant exposure to aforementioned Tax Regulations
* Excellent drive, enthusiasm and commitments to being the best in class in the in the delivery of AEOI tax support services
* Positive attitude and a team player spirit, excellent time management skills and eagerness to learn
* Excellent communication and presentation skills as well as ability to compile clear and precise documentation
* Exercise sound judgement, manage risks effectively and demonstrate a relentless commitment to delivering work of the highest quality
* Distinguish yourself by your organizational skills, flexibility, team spirit, dynamism and your eagerness or learning and evolving
* Effectively prioritising workload to meet deadlines, especially during busy periods
The next step:
Please contact Paul Kempton to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity.