Our client is a manufacturing group, they seek a qualified tax manager (ACA, CTA or ICAS) to deal with tax for Northern Europe. Reporting to the Director of Tax, the successful candidate will be required to manage and take full responsibility for following:
• Corporate tax compliance cycle in both UK and Ireland including managing instalment payments for UK and Irish Group.
• Statutory accounts disclosures for Tax for UK Companies, and to support Ireland where appropriate.
• Tax accounting for UK and Ireland ensuring the current and deferred tax accounting is accurate and timely.
• Tax charge for the Northern Europe region, quickly identifying and highlighting issues which may cause an increase in effective tax rate.
• Quarterly reporting to US Tax for Northern Europe region - this will include analysis of current and deferred tax, and accounting for any uncertain tax positions under FIN 48.
• Review of the monthly tax accrual, analysis of the tax reserves and also reviewing regular journals to account for other tax issues (such as personal use of fuel and mobile phones, and PAYE Settlement Agreement).
• Overseeing the completion of all the relevant VAT returns within necessary deadlines (including UK group, plus overseas VAT returns in Denmark, Norway and other regions as they arise).
• Provision of VAT advice to the wider business.
• Deliver training to the wider business on taxation issues.
• Providing support to the business on ad-hoc tax issues as they arise.
In addition the successful candidate will be expected to;
• Train and develop the Tax Assistant with their development.
• Keep up to date with changes in legislation which may impact the Group.
• Build effective working partnerships with colleagues in both US and Northern Europe Region.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Professional Qualifications (ACA/ACCA/ICAS/CTA).
• Excellent communication and report writing skills.
• Good level of IT skills and literacy, especially Excel.
The role would suit a commercially aware individual with the ability to work independently and proactively on a broad range of tax issues.
All candidates will be considered based on a proven track record in the areas of expertise required.