Our client are a Top 20 Firm of Chartered Accountants in London who are currently recruiting for a Senior Indirect Tax Manager
Reporting to the VAT Director and Senior Partners, the Senior Manager role will be to provide a high quality VAT advisory service to the Partners, including making a positive contribution to the development of the Firm's VAT offering.
Key to the role is an ability to grow the client base in this area. You will be expected to develop strong client relationships and be able to delegate tasks and responsibilities within a team, supervise more junior staff and review their work.
The focus is on primarily on mid-corporates, owner-managed businesses, private clients and professionals.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with more complex consultancy assignments and ensure planning and cross-selling opportunities are identified and followed up.
- Involvement in any HMRC enquiry matters.
- Review client base and identify additional opportunities.
- Maintain regular communication with all clients and related 3rd parties.
- Work in a team with direct responsibility for the mentoring, developing and training of team members.
- Prepare budgets, complete work within budget and report to Partners on any variances from budget, ensuring that all assignments are carried out in a timely fashion and in accordance with the Firm's procedures.
- Communicate directly with clients on the phone or in person where appropriate to resolve queries and develop relationships with them.
- Any other ad hoc duties that may be required.
ACA, CTA or IIT qualifications preferred but not essential.
Significant experience of advising on VAT matters.
Sound knowledge of all areas of VAT to service a client base covering a wide variety of business sectors.
For further information on this role please contact Will Langdon at Clark Wood
If this specific vacancy is not quite what you are looking for please contact us to investigate alternatives; you can send your CV to this job or contact us directly. Refer a friend or colleague to us and receive a minimum of £200 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role