EMEA Senior Tax Manager
Bradford, West Yorkshire £70,000 to £90,000 + bens + bonus
Univar, whose 2015 revenues totaled $9.0 billion, (www.univar.com) is a leading global distributor of chemistry and related innovative products and services. We safely deliver chemistry (products, expertise, and relationships) that helps our customers improve the quality of life through affordable energy, clean water, reliable food sources and products that improve our health, homes and environment.
Creating great chemistry is not just about the innovative products and services we safely deliver to customers around the world. It also takes people like you and today, our worldwide team of more than 8,000 employees in over 30 countries is helping build a Company where the best people want to work. If you’re looking for an experience where your everyday actions will make a positive difference, you’ve come to the right place!
Your Role as Regional Senior Tax Manager - EMEA – Direct Tax
This position will have a direct management responsibility for certain European jurisdictions and you will play an active role in leading the development of tax planning and reporting in the regions assigned to you, as well as managing all tax compliance and audit matters impacting your specific region. Day to day your role will involve:
• Providing tax technical direction, advisory services and coordination in developing and implementing EMEA tax strategies for assigned regions and functional areas, coordinating with others in the tax team and Univar finance/business group.
• Participation in the EMEA tax planning initiatives to determine the impact of new initiatives on Univar operating strategies, coordinating with others in the tax and finance team as well as the business group.
• Support for the Tax team and the VAT team on EMEA tax aspects of tax projects, strategic business and planning initiatives and other projects including group restructuring, reorganisations, liquidations and acquisitions/disposals, due diligence and other commercial transactions.
• Management of selected EMEA tax audits, development of appropriate positions and strategies, and engagement in negotiations necessary to achieve resolution.
• Partnering with colleagues in transfer pricing in the US to review transfer pricing procedures/documentation and ensure transfer pricing policies are effectively implemented within the EMEA region.
• Provision of high level review and identification of research and analysis of new issues related to EMEA tax compliance area. Working with colleagues in the US to ensure EMEA tax reporting is appropriately coordinated and consolidated into the Company’s global income tax provision.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced tax professional with a relevant professional qualification (ACA, ICAS, CTA, ADIT, or CPA). You will have worked with large international groups and ideally you will have experience of reporting under US GAAP and will have overall technical knowledge of ASC740 and related applicable authoritative literature. Significant experience in FX taxation , withholding tax and other taxation triggered by cross-border transactions within and outside EMEA. You will have the ability to review transfer pricing documentation. Alongside your technical skills you will need the ability to analyse financial information and communicate with a wide range of people.For further information please contact our retained consultant.