Established in 1902, A C Mole & Sons is a longstanding and successful accountancy practice with a rich history. In 1997, it became the first firm to file an electronic tax return, and in 2001, it was the first firm to file via the internet. The practice is multi award winning, including the Best Single Office Tax Practice Category in the 2013 Taxation Awards. Tax partner Paul Aplin
won the Tax Personality of the Year award in the 2007 Taxation Awards and won the Outstanding Industry Contribution award at the 2013 British Accountancy Awards. A C Mole & Sons is one of the leading firms for tax in the South West, and 4 of the 8 partners are tax qualified. A key differentiating factor for the practicen is the high level of partner-client contact and high ratio
of partners to staff. The practice is looking to the next step in its development,and as such requires a tax partner designate or tax partner.
This role would suit an individual who is happy to deal with a mixed tax allocation – someone who is both technically adept and also interested in business development. Day today, the role will involve:
• Assisting with the management of the tax practice.
• Dealing with a wide range of clients, from professional partnerships to HNW individuals and families, company directors and companies.
• Management of the compliance and reporting for clients.
• Wide ranging advisory work, assisting clients with both their business and personal tax issues, including transaction support and advice on share holder planning and capital
• Assisting with the development of more junior staff.
• Working with the partners to bring in new business.
• Building rapport with HMRC and dealing with enquiries.
• Marketing of the tax practice, including assisting with press enquiries and writing of appropriate marketing literature.
While the role is tax focused, an understanding of accounts is a prerequisite. This role would suit an enthusiastic individual who
genuinely enjoys tax work, and who is looking for a long term career in a local, successful practice which ‘punches above its weight’. Someone who will continue the tradition of innovation in the tax practice. You will need to have a relevant professional qualification (ACA, CTA, ICAS).
You may be a experienced senior manager looking for a chance at partnership, or an existing partner looking for the right role and location. Mixed tax experience is an advantage, but someone who currently specialises in personal or corporate tax who is keen to broaden their experience would also be considered. In return for your experience, A C Mole & Sons offers a friendly and supportive work environment and an excellent remuneration package.
For further information, please contact our retained recruitment consultant Georgiana Head of Georgiana Head Recruitment