Our client is a leading UK and international law firm providing high-quality legal advice tailored to both businesses and individuals. They have offices across the UK and a growing overseas network, they have earned a strong reputation in various sectors, including technology, private wealth, shipping, and real estate. Their culture, close working relationships, and broad international focus are supported by well-established links with law firms worldwide. They are committed to our values, and we believe they are core to our success.
Responsibilities: This new role is a Senior Manager role based in the Private Client Tax and Trusts team in Guildford, where you will be responsible for:
* Undertaking fee-earning work and making a profitable contribution to the division.
* Contributing to the firm's successful development in line with the business plan.
* Delivering high-quality commercial legal services with personal compliance with quality standards and professional ethics.
* Providing direct assistance to the Trust and Tax Director and tax/accountancy support to the wider Private Client team.
* Leading client relationships and progressing matters to successful conclusions.
* Liaising with clients, intermediaries, and tax authorities in a clear and relevant manner.
* Identifying and advising on tax-planning opportunities for clients.
* Supervising and preparing various financial documents related to trusts, estates, companies, and personal, estate, and trust tax computations.
* Assisting in overseeing the team's caseload of individuals, trusts, and estates.
* Preparing various tax forms, including SA100, SA900, IHT100, CT600, CGT calculations, trust accounts, estate accounts, and more.
* Assisting and providing tax advice to clients of the firm.
* Supporting business development opportunities for the team.
* Mentoring and supporting the development of more junior team members.
To apply, ideally you will have following:
* Strong team orientation and ability to work collaboratively with colleagues.
* Competent user of business information systems, especially advanced MS Excel.
* Completed ATT and CTA (ideally) qualifications, with specialist knowledge of the relevant area of law.
* Receptive to facilitating and supporting change.
* Comfortable working under pressure, with excellent planning and prioritization skills.
* Achieve the competencies for an Associate level member of the team.
Working Environment: Our client operates a hybrid agile working policy, allowing employees to work from home or another UK location for at least 50% of their time. Individuals can also apply for other flexible working options either at the time of recruitment or during the course of their employment.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is a priority. Our client actively seeks to attract a diverse workforce and welcome applications from everyone, from all backgrounds. They are committed to promoting an inclusive culture where everyone can be their full selves and experience being seen and heard.
If this role sounds of interest, please contact Sally McIntyre-Brown on 0207 332 2452 or on firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential chat and further information.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.