Purpose of the Role:
Reporting to the Head of Tax - UK/Europe, the role will primarily be responsible for UK corporate tax and VAT compliance, internal and external tax reporting as well as providing ad hoc UK tax advice.
Main duties and responsibilities:
* Preparation and filing of quarterly UK VAT returns and monthly CIS returns including reconciliation of the Control Account.
* Review of indirect tax processes and developing appropriate processes and controls
* Maintain an indirect tax risk and control register including driving the monitoring and control processes.
* Advise the business on systems developments to ensure compliance with latest indirect tax legislation including MTD for VAT
* Preparation and filing of UK corporate tax returns using OneSource software.
* Assist with US GAAP monthly reporting and annual IFRS statutory accounts reporting.
* Calculation of quarterly payment on account for corporate tax
* Assist with SAO documentation and process review.
* Assist with ad hoc tax queries and projects, including capital allowances review, transfer pricing documentation, corporate interest restriction calculations.
* UK VAT and Corporate Tax returns are filed on time with a high standard.
* Ensuring ERP systems are structured so that correct information is being captured at source and filing requirements are easily executable.
* Business tax requirements are met with care on a timely basis.
* Strong eye for detail
* Self-driven, enthusiastic and a good team player
* Excellent at building and maintaining processes and controls.
* Ability to identify areas for improvement and implement changes.
* IT literate with strong Excel skills
* Strong Indirect tax experience
* Accountancy background ACA/ACCA/ - an advantage
* Direct Tax experience - an advantage
Working knowledge of OneSource - an advantage
* Challenge the status quo and continuously improve to raise performance.
* Take accountability for results - Taking accountability for individual & where appropriate team's performance.
* Balanced - whilst striving for results, does not take themselves or day-to-day activities too seriously, work hard/play hard & have fun.
* Develop ourselves - creating time & taking accountability for personal development; ensuring regular feedback on performance is received.
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.