Our client is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction, and advisory services, with a commitment to building a better working world. Their tax division collaborates with clients across industries, providing a broad range of transaction tax services. They are currently seeking a highly skilled and experienced professional to join their specialist Transactions Tax team at the Director level.
About the Role:
At the senior level within this team, you will play a pivotal role in contributing to the efficient and successful delivery of tax services to clients. This position offers a unique opportunity to work with the world's largest private equity clients and focus on rapidly developing areas within the deals market. You will gain wide-ranging experience in various transactional areas, including private equity, infrastructure, clean-tech, distressed debt, turnaround transactions, and restructuring.
* Contribute to the efficient and successful delivery of tax services, building and maintaining strong client relationships.
* Actively manage existing clients and contribute to winning new work through a proactive approach.
* Ensure technical excellence and a practical/business-focused approach in delivering client services.
* Develop and execute international tax strategies, collaborating with clients on projects such as expansion into new markets, pre-transaction reorganizations, and post-transaction integration.
* Manage the risk arising from global law changes, including BEPS, and engage in lobbying and negotiation with tax authorities in the UK and globally.
* Lead and manage a team, providing effective supervision, coaching, and mentoring to develop junior staff.
* Contribute to the overall strategy and operations of the team.
Skills and Attributes for Success:
* Client focus and commercial awareness.
* Strong international and UK tax technical skills and understanding.
* Excellent negotiation skills and ability to handle challenges.
* Business development skills with the capability to identify and convert opportunities.
* Strong business acumen, managing engagement financial results effectively.
* Effective time management, remaining calm under pressure to meet deadlines.
* Excellent communication skills in various situations, both written and oral.
* Enthusiastic team player with the ability to create and sustain effective teams.
* Change-oriented and innovative with a flexible approach to ways of working and adoption of new technologies.
* Experienced tax practitioner with deep experience in tax transactions.
* Professional qualification such as ATT / ACA / CA / CTA (or equivalent breadth of knowledge).
* Graduate or equivalent work experience.
* Experience in managing a team and/or coaching and developing team members.
* Project management skills, including planning, prioritizing work, meeting deadlines, and monitoring budgets.
What Our Client Offers:
* Continuous learning and development opportunities.
* Tools and flexibility to make a meaningful impact.
* Transformative leadership insights, coaching, and confidence-building.
* Diverse and inclusive culture, embracing individual uniqueness and voices.
If this role sounds of interest and you would like a confidential conversation around where it could take you, please contact Sally McIntyre-Brown on 0207 332 2452 or on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.