Your new company
This is a leading, well-founded, international insurance business, who are looking to expand and grow their In-House Tax team with the appointment of a Senior Corporate Tax Accountant for their Leeds office on a highly flexible, hybrid basis. The business is well-known and highly recognised as one of the world\'s leading insurers, with operations across the UK and Ireland, EU, North America, the Middle East and Oceania, and offering an international, complex workload with the opportunity for travel and career progression. The company boasts an impressive, collaborative working culture, whilst offering a highly competitive salary, bonus, pension scheme and much more. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to progress in their career whilst gaining industry-leading experience.
Your new role
As a Senior Tax Accountant, you will be required to both independently manage, and assist the wider team on corporate tax matters, including compliance, advice and reporting for the European tax function, whilst working closely with an experienced Corporate Tax Manager and Head of Tax. You will have a strong focus on corporate and direct taxes across the UK and Europe, with some international tax work to be undertaken when required. Your key responsibilities will include:
* Advise internal stakeholders across the business around tax implications to inform and improve strategy, business planning and decision-making.
* Show strong knowledge of the finance business plan to align with service delivery and to inform your involvement in business planning.
* Participate in all internal meetings as required, and be comfortable liaising with senior stakeholders at C-suite level in order to share and develop strategy, knowledge and best practice.
* Assist in communications with tax authorities (HMRC) to handle resolutions around disputes, tax recovery and audit.
* Monitor new and upcoming tax legislation, regulations and rulings, to improve internal knowledge and advise decision-making when applicable.
* Undertaking all UK corporation tax compliance and quarterly reporting for all entities, along with ad-hoc VAT / Indirect Tax advice when required.
* Assist with the training and development of junior members of staff.
What you\'ll need to succeed
* A strong knowledge of Corporate Tax matters, including understanding compliance, advice and reporting for large businesses with multiple entities, ideally from experience gained within a Big-4 or Top-10 practice or relevant company.
* A knowledge or understanding of specific tax implications relating to businesses operating within the Insurance or Financial Services industry.
* Either your ACA or ACCA qualifications, with a desire to complete your ATT or CTA in the future (or already obtained).
* Strong communication skills, with an ability to advise and discuss tax matters with senior level employees within the business, both locally and overseas.
* A good knowledge of tax systems and software, ideally AlphaTax and/or Oracle.
* An eagerness to take on complex, international tax work, and a real passion for career progression.
What you\'ll get in return
There is an excellent benefits and rewards package for the successful individual, including:
* Starting salary of £55,000 to £65,000, which is negotiable depending on your experience.
* A competitive bonus scheme of 10% per annum, based upon individual and company performance.
* Hybrid working - you will be required in the Leeds office once per week.
* 30 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, and the opportunity to purchase and sell holidays.
* Opportunity to conduct international secondments at any of the organisations\' overseas offices after some time, along with regular exposure to tax in different jurisdictions worldwide.
* World-class learning and development scheme, with dedicated in-house training modules to develop your EU and International tax knowledge.
* Industry leading health cover, including private medical insurance, life assurance, eyecare and dental cover, along with a market leading maternity and paternity cover package.
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact Sam Puddephatt on 07501517572 or to discuss further. If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.