Your new company
Hays are delighted to partner with this Regulator, based in Birmingham, who are looking to appoint an Audit Review Specialist on a permanent basis.
Your new role
This is a Senior Manager level role, which undertakes inspections, monitoring the quality of Public Interest Entity (PIE) audits, specifically those for UK listed entities. You will participate in reviews of audits conducted by large audit firms, demonstrating their technical experience and personal skills in dealing with senior partners and staff at those firms.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
* Conduct audit file inspections, focusing on all in scope banking entities, including retail banking, investment banking and other emerging financial services and payment providing entities
* Conduct inspections of firm-wide procedures at the major audit firms as required, including, methodologies applied in IFRS9 and IFRS13 and visiting audit firms and reviewing their processes and audit methodologies.
* Lead or participate in other tranches of banking quality inspection activity as required
What you\'ll need to succeed
* You will be a Qualified Accountant with significant experience in the external banking audit profession.
* Have strong technical auditing and accounting skills within banking are essential, particularly of IFRS9 and IFRS13.
* Be able to demonstrate interest in an audit firm's financial services audit quality initiatives.
What you\'ll get in return
* Competitive remuneration package
* Strong work/life balance
* Flexible and hybrid working arrangements
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.