Head of Corporate Tax is required to join an award-winning employer based in Norwich. This unique opportunity would suit an experienced professional with demonstrable UK corporate tax experience and effective leadership skills. This is a developing business unit on an exciting growth journey.
You will head up a Tax Consulting team, which is a multidisciplinary team that focusses on relationships and advising clients, their families, and businesses. The corporate team deals with a broad range of tax issues which include corporate transactions, M&A, property transactions, reconstructions & demergers, R&D, share schemes, SEIS/EIS, exit and succession planning.
The team deals predominantly with domestic corporate tax advisory work from owner-managed companies.
The Head of Corporate Tax will report to the Board of Directors and be responsible for:-
* Leading a team of corporate tax advisors, providing guidance, mentorship and fostering a collaborative work environment.
* Oversee and manage the corporate tax team's activities, ensuring compliance with UK tax laws and regulations.
* Undertake more complex advisory work and review the work of junior team members
* Establish and refine processes and controls related to tax compliance and reporting, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
* Identify opportunities for value addition in tax planning, structuring, and optimisation to support business growth and profitability.
* Build and maintain strong relationships with external advisors, tax authorities, and relevant stakeholders.
* Analyse and report on business unit performance, providing insights and recommendations to the Board.
Joining this growing team will allow you to work with a dynamic client base working on a broad range of corporate tax affairs. You will contribute to the eminence of the team within the wider practice through excellent technical knowledge, thought leadership and client care.
Qualifications and Experience
* ACA, ACCA, CTA qualified with a minimum of 3 years experience
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively collaborate and influence stakeholders at all levels
* Demonstrated leadership abilities, including team management,
* Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and to manage multiple priorities effectively
* Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy
* Previous experience advising on a broad array of corporate tax issues relating to the owner business manager
* The ability to take ownership of projects and work well under pressure, with the ability to adapt to change
* Respect for your wellbeing and work-life balance. Overtime and weekend work are not part of the firm\'s habits. You will work a 35-hour week full time (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm) and there are options of part time and non-standard hours where feasible and appropriate.
* Company share scheme, Group Life Cover, salary sacrifice schemes, free car parking, subsidised gym membership, auto-enrolled workplace pension scheme, study support as needed, plus bonuses for performance, referrals and recruitment.
* A fair remuneration package with up to 34 days pa paid holiday including a Christmas shutdown.
Please apply on line or contact Cara Whyte at Hays to discuss