Your new company
This is a highly recognisable and leading retail corporation who are looking to recruit an experienced Corporate Tax Manager to further expand and enhance their tax operation in the UK HQ. The company employ over 100,000 people across all of their UK sites and has revenues exceeding £30bn per year, making it one of the most successful brands in the UK\'s retailer market. The role reports to an experienced Senior Corporate Tax Manager in their highly modern and recognisable Lancashire HQ, with hybrid working and a great range of additional benefits available. This is a really exciting time to join the business as they embark on their next stage of growth.
Your new role
This role has been created due to upcoming projects and recent growth and will require you to be responsible for corporate tax compliance, advice, support and guidance for business in the UK. You will work closely with an experienced Senior Manager and Head of Tax to create and implement strategies to improve processes, enhance systems, maximise compliance and minimise risk for the business. Some of your key responsibilities include:
* Lead on preparing corporate tax computations, tax disclosures for statutory accounts, and quarterly forecasting.
* Get involved with large tax advisory projects - including the structuring of new developments, financing, capital allowance projects, transfer pricing and group-wide employment tax.
* Build and maintain strong relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders, including HMRC, banks and financial institutes, and external advisors.
* Prepare monthly, quarterly, and year-end tax disclosures in IFRS, and draft tax provision calculations for advisors.
* Work closely with external advisors on UK Corporation tax computations, including the preparation of capital allowance analysis, review of transaction fees, and corporate interest restrictions.
* Provide support on other tax matters when required, and provide ad-hoc support to other team members on their projects and workload.
What you\'ll need to succeed
This role is ideal for you if you have gained at least 3 years of PQE dealing with complex corporate tax returns either within a reputable practice, or working in-house for a large UK business. You will be a confident communicator, and able to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, whilst having strong analytical, systems and reporting skills. The role is based in the Lancashire HQ on a hybrid basis, so having the ability to travel to this office is essential.
What you\'ll get in return
You will receive a competitive salary, ranging from £55k to £65k depending on your previous corporate tax experience. Alongside this, the company offers a highly competitive benefits package, including:
* Performance-based bonus - 10% annually.
* Company pension scheme and life assurance.
* Discount card for retail benefits.
* Smart healthcare benefit scheme and dedicated employee wellness centre.
* Hybrid working, free parking and flexible hours each week - with excellent amenities on-site.
* 33 days holiday inclusive of bank (you can take bank holidays when you like).
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact Sam Puddephatt on 07501517572 or If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.