Private Client Tax Manager
Your new company
A Top 20 Accountancy firm are recruiting for their next Private Client Tax Assistant Manager. With 38 offices around the country and 4 offices in London, their Private Client Tax team consists of 36 individuals. A firm who prides themselves on providing accounting and advisory services to businesses across the country and the world. Their services include - audit, accounting, tax, outsourcing, corporate finance, finance, restructuring and wealth management.
Your new role
* Provide support to partners and directors in the effective running of the team.
* Managing a portfolio, made up of a mix of clients with multiple sources of investment income.
* Driving the delivery of advisory work on portfolios.
* Handling compliance.
* Dealing with large partnerships and HNWI.
* Dealing with a wide range of capital gains tax issues.
* Overseeing the UK tax return filling process for a variety of clients.
* Monitoring team progress against targets.
* Providing feedback and giving input on staff appraisals, as well as direct responsibility for appraising staff.
* Monitor progress and encourage the personal development of all team members.
* Ability to produce work to a high standard.
* Make suggestions to improve efficiency within the team.
What you\'ll need to succeed
* ATT & CTA Qualified, or professionally qualified with demonstrable relevant experience.
* Previous supervisory and management experience including reviewing the work of others.
* Advanced understanding of core Private Client Tax issues, including personal tax anti-avoidance legislation.
* Confidently interacts with HMRC regarding complex issues on behalf of clients.
* Delivers advice confidently in transactional, litigious, or confrontational circumstances.
* Reporting on tax and other implications of incorporation of self-employment and businesses.
* Experience in Self-Assessment returns.
* Demonstrable experience of report writing and ad-hoc work.
What you\'ll get in return
* Option to buy/sell additional days.
* Hybrid working pattern - expected 2 days in office only.
* Life cover.
* Critical Illness cover.
* Income protection.
* Pension Scheme.
* Salary reviews.
* Eye tests.
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.