Your new company
A Top 20 Accountancy firm are recruiting for their next Private Client Tax Assistant Manager. With 38 offices around the country and 4 offices in London, their Private Client Tax team consists of 36 individuals. A firm who prides themselves on providing accounting and advisory services to businesses across the country and the world. Their services include - audit, accounting, tax, outsourcing, corporate finance, finance, restructuring and wealth management.
Your new role
* Managing a Private Client portfolio, consisting of a mix of clients with varied sources of income - earned and investment income.
* Responsible for managing other members of the team and mentoring junior team.
* Primary point of contact for clients.
* Dealing with larger partnerships and HNWI.
* Dealing with a wide range of capital gains tax issues.
* Delivery of technical advisory work on the portfolio.
* Dealing with ad-hoc work and compliance assignments.
* Assistance with client meetings.
* Proposing and raising client bills
* Regularly reviewing WIP.
What you\'ll need to succeed
* ATT and/or CTA qualified.
* Experience of Self-Assessment and preparation of tax computations.
* Experience of report writing and ad-hoc advisory work.
* Reporting on tax and other implications of sole trade and partnerships businesses.
* Advising on EIS, VCT and SEIS investment reliefs for private clients.
* Knowledge of international tax principles - mechanics of double tax relief and operation of tax treaties.
* Knowledge and application of UK tax residence and domicile rules.
* Planning for mitigation of Inheritance Tax.
* Dealing with enquiries into all aspects of direct taxation including experience of settlement and penalty negotiation.
What you\'ll get in return
* 25 days annual leave (+3 days off on Christmas)
* Hybrid working - minimum 2 days in the office.
* Interest-free loans on dental, gym memberships, health assessments & screenings, office furniture, pet insurance, technology etc.
* Pension scheme.
* Loyalty awards.
* Salary reviews twice a year.
* Critical illness cover.
* Life cover.
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.