Your new company
This is a well-established, reputable and leading UK housebuilding organisation who are looking to recruit a hands-on tax professional to support the Group Tax Function. The company is a well-known brand, housing over 5000 employees and turning over circa £3b in revenue across the UK each year. The company are acquisitive, and own a number of different large organisations across their group. They also have operations based across the whole of the UK, and this role is based in either Manchester or York on a flexible hybrid basis. This role offers an engaging and complex tax workload, and excellent career progression.
Your new role
This role will see you take the lead on all tax matters across the group, including tax compliance and reporting, handling indirect taxes and VAT returns, and also corporation and employment tax. The role reports to the Group Head of Tax who is based in the York office. Your key responsibilities will include:
* Prepare and submit UK tax computations for the group, along with providing technical analysis where appropriate.
* Manage and support accounting processes, along with payment arrangements, relief and payment allocations.
* Support the HMRC relationship with the organisation.
* Assist with VAT advice, preparing VAT returns, partial exemption calculations and treatment/recovery.
* Provide general advice for PAYE and personal tax matters where appropriate.
* Assist with preparation of P11D forms, and PAYE settlement agreement matters.
* Provide support and guidance on IR35 and payroll.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be considered for this role, you will be a qualified tax professional, such as having an ATT or CTA qualification, or be ACCA qualified with existing tax experience. You will ideally have some accounting experience and have a broad knowledge of a variety of taxes, although being weighted in one area is also suitable. You will be a problem solver, and eager to progress and add value to the organisation's tax function.
What you'll get in return
This role offers a salary banding of £40,000 to £50,000, plus an up to 12% annual bonus paid twice annually, along with a car allowance on top of this. You will receive free parking, 25 days' holiday (rising to 28 with service), private healthcare, life insurance, and a range of retail benefits and discounts. This is a permanent role, with hybrid working available, and 35 hours per week. You can also make use of flexible start and finish times if required.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact Sam Puddephatt on 07501517572 or If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.