Our client's is at the forefront of the energy advisory market and making substantial investments to shape their clients' future and guide them on their journey to net zero. Operating nationally with hubs in key markets, this team is expanding, and seeking experienced Corporate Tax professionals to join them. As a Corporate Tax Senior Manager, you will play a crucial role in supporting existing clients in the oil and gas market in to venturing into new energy projects, alongside working with renewables and other low-carbon sector clients.
* Collaborate with the Director team to build and nurture client relationships.
* Manage a small portfolio of energy clients, serving as their primary contact for day-to-day tax matters.
* Lead tax advisory services for large energy clients and green energy funds with international ambitions.
* Contribute to Tax M&A projects, working in tandem with the Director or Partner, and participating in multi-disciplinary teams for larger acquisitions or disposals.
* Lead and mentor a team of junior staff, fostering their development and growth.
* Stay abreast of sector developments and assess their impact on clients.
* Develop internal relationships within the wider energy team and line of services specialists, actively pursuing identified opportunities.
* Manage the investment in client and related financial metrics.
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Practice-trained finance professional with a relevant qualification (e.g., ACA/ACCA/CTA).
* Experience advising large corporate clients on UK and international tax matters.
* Proven client relationship skills under transaction pressure, effectively managing internal teams.
* Strong interpersonal skills, sustaining relationships over time.
* Business acumen, demonstrating an interest in sector issues or an enthusiasm to learn and confidently discuss these issues with clients.
* Business Development mindset with a track record of contributing to business development activity.
* Experience in tax structuring or previous deals tax experience (training will be provided).
* Familiarity with accounting principles is useful.
* Ability to write clear, articulate reports summarising complex tax matters.
* Excellent time management skills with the ability to work to deadlines.
* Commitment to self-development, proactive mindset, and a desire to take ownership of the role.
* Shape the future of the energy sector and contribute to clients' net-zero goals.
* National exposure with the flexibility to choose your office location.
* Inclusive culture that values diversity and uniqueness.
* Active encouragement of flexible working arrangements, with location agnosticism.
* Supportive team environment with opportunities for professional growth and development.
If you are passionate about renewable energy, curious about carbon capture or hydrogen production, and want to be a key player in the Energy Transition, we want to hear from you.
If this role is of interest, contact Sally McIntyre-Brown on +44 207 332 2453 or email@example.com to apply now and be part of a dynamic team driving positive change in the energy sector.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.