Your new role
This role is suited to a qualified taxation professional who is interested in working within the larger tax team of a global multinational corporate. The successful incumbent will have previous experience working within an in-house tax team or Big 4 firm in the UK, where they will have gained strong experience on UK and European tax matters.
Purpose of the role is to work as part of the groups European operations, reporting directly to the Deputy Head of Group Taxation (Europe) in London, who in turn reports to the global Head of Group Taxation based overseas, providing support to tax functions across the group, including working collaboratively with colleagues in London, and other international locations, on projects including potential mergers, acquisitions and reorganisations.
We expect the candidate to work on tasks including:
* Providing tax advice to European group entities on business and commercial matters, including mergers, acquisitions, disposals or other internal restructurings or reorganisations
* Supporting the Deputy Head of Group Taxation (Europe) and the Head of Group Taxation for the Telecommunications division, and other members of the team as required, in the analysis, implementation and monitoring of transactions, including preparation of steps plans and memos, and working through structuring options
* Performing scenario modelling and tax impact assessments
* Reviewing tax aspects of commercial contracts
* Assisting other tax team members responsible for group wide UK tax compliance on complex questions related to group relief and corporate interest restriction positions
* Liaising with external professional advisors
* Liaising and working with finance/accounting, commercial and legal teams
* Maintaining positive relationships with tax authorities
* Keeping technical knowledge up to date and offering support to others where relevant, monitoring developments in tax laws and communicating impact to the tax and business teams of major regulatory changes such a BEPS 2.0 Pillar 1 and Pillar 2 and EU initiatives
* Travel within UK and to other countries in Europe on an ad hoc basis may be required
What you'll need to succeed
Knowledge and experience
* College or degree level further education or equivalent
* Qualified Accountant (ACA or equivalent) and/or qualified tax advisor (CTA or equivalent)
* Experience gained with Big 4 accountancy firms and/or in-house tax team
* Expertise on the application of UK and European tax matters relevant to large multinationals
* Mergers & acquisition / due diligence experience required
* Experience of dealing with tax authorities
* An ability to manage projects within the context of a large group
* Experience working with people from different cultural backgrounds
Skills and Approach
* Hands-on and proven interpersonal and team working skills
* Being able to manage own and other's workload and time effectively
* Able to multi-task and work to deadlines
* Effective communicator (verbal and written) in both formal and informal settings
* Strong levels of diligence and positive attitude to work
* Proactive and able to act with independence and integrity
* Excellent attention to detail
* Results driven
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.