Your new company
An independent accountancy practice based in London and Hertfordshire with over 50 years in practice, are searching for their new Personal Tax Supervisor/Assistant Manager to join their London office. A growing and committed firm, who pride themselves on their client relationships.
Your new role
* Manage a diverse portfolio of personal tax clients, delivering high-quality income tax services which include preparing returns, handling client queries and portfolio management.
* Provide advisory services.
* Actively seeking opportunities to offer value-added services when appropriate.
* Maintain workflows and ensure reports are up-to-date.
* Liaise with HMRC.
* Complete the billing process effectively and efficiently.
* Research tax queries/technical queries and propose solutions for review.
* Supervise and assist with the training of more junior colleagues.
* Review of personal tax returns.
* Assist with ad hoc work.
* Regularly update senior stakeholders (internally and externally) on work in progress.
What you'll need to succeed
* CTA or equivalent qualification.
* Proficient in Microsoft packages,
* Experience using - CCH income tax (and Alphatax corporation tax a plus).
* Proven track record of managing portfolio.
* Proven tax experience in producing high quality work within budget.
* Tax advisory experience.
What you'll get in return
* Hybrid working policy.
* Salary sacrifice pension
* 22 days annual leave
* Option to purchase or sell up to 5 days annual leave.
* Interest-free travel loan.
* Private Health insurance after 3 years of service.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.