Your new company
A top 50 accountancy firm is looking for a Personal Tax Manager to join their London team. They are looking for someone who is comfortable with advisory work, has experience of HNWIs, non-doms, non-res etc, and can support trainees.
Your new role
* Responsibility for a mixed portfolio of personal tax clients, including specifically non-doms, HNWIs, sole-traders, partnerships, and offshore trusts.
* Assisting partners on the delivery of advisory work which will include the preparation of reports on matters such as IHT planning, residence, pre arrival planning, and offshore trusts.
* Preparation and attendance at both existing and potential new client meetings, setting budgets for the follow up work, and ensuring the work is carried out in a timely manner and within budget.
* Liaising with clients on routine and ad-hoc assignments including correspondence by email, telephone and face to face meetings. Matters to include inheritance tax, income tax and capital gains tax.
* Correspondence with HMRC in relation to s9A enquiries and preparing disclosures under the digital disclosure facility.
* Overseeing the collation of all the information needed to prepare the tax return involving liaising with other third-party professionals and the clients themselves.
* Dealing with all aspects of income tax (including National Insurance) and capital gains tax including reviewing PAYE coding notices where appropriate.
* Reviewing tax returns prepared by other members of staff for approval by the client and for then electronically filing them.
* Promptly dealing with routine post received in connection with those clients.
* Prioritising and organising own work to ensure consistently high standard of client care and to meet HMRC deadlines - working without supervision and to show initiative in dealing with clients' affairs.
* Billing clients on a quarterly basis, including making reserves and keeping partners up to date with any billing concerns.
* Responsible for monitoring own time budgets and chargeability.
* Attendance and contribution at internal departmental management meetings.
* Networking at events for business development.
* Contribution to in-house publications.
What you\'ll need to succeed
Skills & Qualifications:
* Minimum requirement to be CTA qualified
* Experience and up-to-date knowledge is required of non-doms and offshore trusts.
* Client facing experience is required including being comfortable speaking to and meeting with clients on a regular basis.
* Good organisational skills will be required to organise his/her own work to ensure that all deadlines are met.
* Good computer skills including a sound knowledge of Word & Excel are required.
* People management skills
* Commercial awareness
What you\'ll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.