Pharma business that are currently looking to recruit a VAT Specialist for their wider group finance team.
Your new role
I'm working with a pharma business that are currently looking to recruit a VAT Specialist for their wider group finance team.
Reporting into the Finance Manager (VAT) the role will sit in the Controllership Team which is responsible for VAT reporting, compliance and reconciliations. The team ensures that the financial records are up to regulatory and legal standards and that best-in-class financial processes are in place.
The group has entities established and operating in 17 countries; some entities have registrations in multiple countries, so the team are currently dealing with over 50 VAT registrations.
On-going VAT work:
* Preparation of VAT returns - VAT returns are allocated to all team members (2-3 working days a month);
* Prepare VAT recs for all group entities, including multiple registrations - approx. 50 registrations;
* Tracking of monthly VAT tasks and performance with VAT Finance Manager.
* Assist VAT Finance Manager with preparation and collation of required documentation for VAT audit, liaising with supply chain and other THX teams where necessary.
* Assist in process improvements by identifying gaps/errors via reconciliation work and documenting new processes;
* Create process notes for completion of VAT reconciliations for review by VAT Finance Manager;
* Assist in providing data to external Tax consultants.
Masterdata / ERP
* Assist VAT Finance Manager with review of ERP system configurations for Master Data based on reconciliation findings and responsible for making the amendments;
* Assist in review of VAT codes/setups of suppliers and customers.
What you\'ll need to succeed
Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent) with Life Sciences/Trading experience preferred or trained in an accounting firm (Top 6) with at least 4 years post qualification experience in indirect taxation. Additionally experience in dealing with international VAT and trade flows & with D365 general ledger would be great but not a deal breaker.
What you\'ll get in return
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.