We are seeking an experienced VAT Accountant focussing on the UK market. You will have expertise in indirect tax compliance, particularly in VAT return compliance as you will be reviewing indirect tax returns of a team of 5 who prepare them. This role is integral to the group tax framework, which continuously evolves due to expanding business operations. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in maintaining precise financial records, ensuring compliance with VAT regulations, and supporting our tax team through a period of transformation.
This role presents a unique opportunity for personal and professional growth, with a focus on adapting to evolving tax regulations and contributing to the transformation of tax processes. If you are a skilled tax compliance specialist looking to make a significant impact, we encourage you to apply and be part of our dynamic team.
* Prepare and review VAT returns (team of 5) for the UK and European countries in house. Ensure timely submission of VAT returns in compliance with all relevant regulations and deadlines.
* Reconcile VAT-related accounts and resolve discrepancies promptly.
* Generate VAT-related reports for internal and external stakeholders
* Collaborate with auditors during VAT audits, providing necessary documentation and support.
* Application of accounting principles and practices to maintain precise financial records
* Utilization of analytical skills to identify financial trends, potential errors, and opportunities.
* Proficiency in data analysis for managing high-volume, high-value transactions.
* Oversight of a team of six in our offshore department, ensuring timely completion of monthly activities, supporting team members' knowledge and development.
* Implementation of business changes within processes and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
Transformation Program and Cross-Functional Collaboration
* Engagement in a significant investment program in Tax, involving the enhancement of our control framework and the redesign of processes and controls.
* Opportunities for contribution to process redesign, improvement, and digitalization.
* Work closely with internal departments, including Finance, Accounting, and Legal, to address VAT-related issues and queries.
Experience and Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
* Proven experience in preparing and reviewing VAT returns for the UK and EU.
* Strong knowledge of VAT regulations and compliance in both the UK and European countries.
* Attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Proficiency in relevant accounting software and MS Excel, ERP systems, SAP S4 reporting platform and exposure to other data management platforms like PowerBI is advantageous.
* Familiarity with Thomson Reuters OneSource for VAT compliance and filing returns.
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.