I am working with a FTSE 100 business based in Essex who are sourcing for a UK Tax & Reporting Manager to join their team. You will report into the Head of Tax and work alongside a highly skilled team.
The Tax Reporting & Compliance Manager will report directly to the Group Tax Director. The role will be responsible for forecasting and delivering all aspects of half year and year-end group tax reporting, supporting the UK direct tax compliance process, managing CBCR and BEPS Pillar 2 compliance, and support with operational transfer pricing calculations. The role would suit a proactive candidate that has strong inter-personal skills, strong experience with tax reporting and group consolidation, strong project management and communication skills.
While the points noted below form the core of the role, we expect the ideal candidate to be flexible and supportive of the business needs as they evolve.
* Co-ordinate the tax reporting process with regional tax leads and local finance teams, prepare consolidated current and deferred tax schedules to calculate the externally reported tax numbers and disclosures
* Prepare and maintain detailed ETR and cash tax forecasts, and model the impact of tax planning, business changes and legislative updates
* Consider the tax accounting implications of changes to IFRS accounting standards
* Manage the Group's CBCR filing obligations and lead the response to Public CBCR developments
* Support the design of a cost-effective Pillar II reporting and compliance process
* Provide tax accounting support on M&A transaction and tax projects
* Evaluate and implement technological solutions to deliver improvements in tax reporting and compliance processes
* Manage the production of periodic operational transfer pricing calculations. This will include the identification of data sources, collection and processing of data and calculation of Group intercompany transactions in line with Group transfer pricing policies.
* Support with any other transfer pricing operational matters
* Review UK corporation tax returns prepared in-house
* Monitor global tax audits and maintain a schedule of uncertain tax provisions
Required skills and experience
* Excellent IT literacy skills
* Qualified accountant (ACA) or Charted Tax Adviser (CTA)
* Strong project management skills
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Experience of transfer pricing principles would be preferable
* Strong understanding of tax accounting for UK listed Group
* Good UK direct tax technical knowledge
* Confident and able to promote the tax function internally across business units and also externally by maintaining good working relationships with external advisors
* Self motivated with ability to work autonomously
* Ability to work to both internal and external deadlines
* Good problem solving skills
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.