I've recently partnered exclusively with a Media Organisation to source an Interim Head of Tax for a 9 month period to start ASAP.
This will be a varied position that will see the role holder take responsibility for a large amount of transactions, in addition to international tax advisory and final review of compliance.
* Transaction support
* Europe tax lead on sell-side sale processes including VDD, tax structuring and deal advisory.
* International tax advisory for BAU
* Support with Europe tax audits as and when needed.
* Oversight of local business unit compliance in the Europe division.
* Ad hoc tax support for one-off transactions in the local markets in respect of e.g. legal entity mergers or recapitalisations.
* Working closely with the UK legal team to ensure tax clauses in client contracts are appropriate.
* Europe lead on ad hoc project matters, expected to include loan rationalisation projects and unwinds of legacy structures.
* Work closely with external advisors to appropriately manage certain outsourced global mobility tax matters relating to senior employees.
* UK tax compliance
* Responsible for all UK Group tax compliance matters (for nine UK legal entities), including corporation tax, VAT and employment taxes, where relevant returns are prepared in-house by Group Tax Manager.
* Support Group Tax Manager in fulfilment of tax governance requirements including those in relation to the SAO regime and CCO.
* Transfer pricing
* Europe lead on effective implementation of the Group's TP operating model.
* Review and Europe sign off on TP documentation prepared by external advisor.
* Manage a UK team of two; being Group Tax Manager and Tax Assistant.
* Reports into VP of Taxes for the US parent entity.
Offices are in Central London, and ideally they would like 2 or 3 days office attendance.