To run and manage the tax department to ensure all annual and periodic tax compliance work is completed and overseeing the work of three tax seniors. Providing advisory services and working alongside the in-house tax consultant to ensure planning opportunities are identified and delivered for a portfolio of clients. The role is approximately 65% personal tax and 35% corporation and other taxes and advisory work.
* Overseeing the general running of the tax department ensuring work is completed on time and deadlines are met.
* Managing of tax staff.
* Review & preparation of personal tax returns for a portfolio of clients which may including sole traders, partners, HNWIs, non UK domiciliaries, partnerships, non-residents and trusts
* Review & preparation of forms P11D for a portfolio of businesses.
* Preparation, review & submission of corporation tax returns & computations.
* Preparation, review & submission of ATED Returns, Trust Tax Returns, CGT etc.
* Tax administration in respect of Estates.
* Gift Aid advice and applications.
* Advising individuals and companies on ad-hoc tax matters.
* Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients.
* Dealing with HMRC enquiries into personal and corporate tax returns.
* Assist on tax advisory projects for existing clients and prospects.
* Carry out research on different areas to assist the Tax Consultant & Partners.
* Identify tax planning opportunities within individual and corporate clients.
* Meeting with clients and potential clients.
* Client Billing.
* Maintenance of CPD & advising staff/partners on pertinent tax matters.
* Planning and Organising: must be able to plan workload in order to prioritise work to meet conflicting deadlines and cope with pressure.
* Written and verbal communication: good written communication skills are necessary to draft correspondence with clients and HMRC to explain technical issues in an easily understandable manner. Must have good inter-personal skills to be able to liaise with clients and other staff members.
* Client Focus: meeting deadlines and responding to client needs.
* Technical Expertise: maintaining technical knowledge & CPD.
* Professionally Qualified (ATT/CTA) or QBE
* Significant experience gained within a UK professional services firm.
* Proficient in the provision of private tax compliance and planning/advisory work.
* Proficient in the provision of corporation tax compliance and planning/advisory work.
* Technical knowledge to include CGT, IHT, Estates & all business taxation aspects as well as non-resident, non-domicile and partnerships/LLP.
* Ability to write letters explaining complicated planning issues as well as verbal communication skills.
* Computer literate using a range of applications/programmes. Knowledge of IRIS and/or PTP software would be helpful.
* Ability to work independently and manage a team.
* Reporting to the partners.
* Daily dealings with a varied client portfolio & regular meetings with staff & clients