About the role
Reporting directly to the Group Head of Tax, the role will be responsible for all indirect tax affairs of the group, implementing key tax projects and initiatives and supporting the Head of Tax in delivering the overall objectives of the tax team.
The role will drive partnering with the wider business and overseas markets to ensure that tax is at the table for key commercial discussions and that the business is well supported on tax issues.
Key responsibilities include:
* Accountable for all indirect tax affairs of the worldwide group
* Build strong links with international markets - working closely with market FDs to ensure that indirect taxes are managed
* Partner with the business to ensure that tax concerns are factored in to commercial decision making and that business initiatives are well supported from a tax perspective
* Build visibility of indirect tax risks worldwide and develop mitigation plans
* Global Process Owner for all indirect tax processes worldwide - identifying weaknesses and inefficiencies and improving processes, driving standardisation across all markets
* Build and develop the group's relationship with tax authorities worldwide
* Support the Group Head of Tax on key initiatives
* Run key projects to deliver the objectives of the tax team
This is a high-profile role within the business, reporting directly to the Group Head of Tax where the successful candidate must be able to communicate effectively across the business with non-tax people.
What you'll need to succeed
* Strong international and UK indirect tax expertise
* Experience of working in an in-house tax team for a large multinational or advising such businesses in a large accounting firm
* Strong experience in indirect tax processes and driving process improvements
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.