Your new company
My client is a leading global group of companies that specialise in the creation and distribution of a variety of marketing tools for their clients, both customers and suppliers, to assist them in their brand development.
My client has grown rapidly over the last 5 years, predominantly by acquisition, and has a global presence. US owned, with European headquarters based in Surrey, they are a leader in their sector.
Your new role
As the Senior Indirect Tax Manager for EMEA, you will report to the Director of Tax and be responsible for a team of 5 people. You will have overall responsibility for Indirect Tax compliance, managing and review VAT returns prepared both in-house and through external advisors. You will manage process improvements to bring efficiencies to the team and to take their development to the next level. You will be involved with supporting group-wide projects such as mergers, acquisitions, restructuring, and system implementation.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Lead the VAT team with 5+ members located in the UK and Europe.
* Manage the team with the preparation and review of VAT returns in-house and the management of external advisors.
* Supporting the tax and finance teams on VAT account reconciliations.
* Work with the company to respond to ad-hoc day-to-day queries, applying knowledge on the VAT implications of the movement of goods cross-border, and give technical advice and find solutions to new transactions and contracts.
* Be a part of project teams to support the VAT work streams on mergers, the transfer of trade within the group, system improvements and integration, and the roll-out of a global tax system.
* Input into SAO reviews and disclosures and management/improvement of any risk areas.
* Working with the team to document processes and controls and drive forward procedure and risk management improvements
What you'll need to succeed
* You will be an experienced tax professional, with strong expertise in VAT and Indirect Tax, specifically relating to the movement of goods between a variety of jurisdictions and the local tax implications of these cross boarder movements across the EMEA.
* You will have team management experience, helping to push and drive their development, bringing your gravitas and expert knowledge to the fore.
* You will have excellent communication skills to liaise with internal and external stakeholders on Indirect Tax queries as they arise
* You will have experience of projects in relation to system implementation, legal entity rationalisation and digitalisation from an Indirect Tax perspective.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a salary up to £100,000 with an annual 10% bonus, private healthcare and company pension scheme, plus much more. This role will see you take on an interesting, complex workload covering multiple tax jurisdictions, and offers excellent career progression. This role offers hybrid and flexible working, with minimal office attendance and REMOTE working.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.