Tax Semi-SeniorDepending upon the experience level, the primary function of the role will be preparation/review of self-assessment, partnership and trust & estate tax returns to a high standard.
As Tax Semi Senior you will carry out this work with supervision and work towards building experience to work unsupervised.
The work is mainly personal tax, although there is exposure to more complicated company tax work such as R&D claims, patent box, taxation of mutuals and company tax enquiries.
Whether a Senior or Semi Senior, you will report directly to Tax Managers and Tax Partner and the responsibilities below describes the Tax Senior position and is something to be attained in time by a Semi Senior.
As Tax Senior or Tax Semi Senior you will have the following responsibilities – supervised as Semi Senior:
* Managing a client portfolio and providing a high-quality service to clients
* Preparing self-assessment tax returns for individuals, partnerships and trusts & estates, calculating and reconciling tax liabilities
* Assisting managers and partners in tax enquiry work into private clients and business clients
* Undertake project work as required related to income tax, capital gains tax, inheritance tax, VAT and stamp taxes
* Assisting with tax disclosures and tax enquiries
* Assisting with the preparation and review of P11ds, annual employment related securities and ATED returns
* Researching tax planning issues and transactional tax matters
* Preparing written correspondence, communications and other documents
* Ensuring compliance with the Firm's published policies and procedures
* Participating in regular tax departmental meetings
* Building, maintaining and developing existing client relationships
We welcome applications from candidates with the following skills, experience and attributes:
* As Senior; be ATT or CTA qualified with a minimum 3 years of personal tax compliance experience gained within UK practice; qualified by experience candidates will be considered
* As Semi Senior; be qualified ATT or qualified by experience within UK practice environment
* Be motivated and enthusiastic, and able to work independently as well as within a team
* Have good general IT skills and knowledge of tax software
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills This well-established practice will offer the successful candidate a competitive salary, depending upon experience, study support if required, hybrid working after fully settling in and the opportunity to progress your career in a supportive working environment.
* 25 days holiday plus bank Holidays plus “freebie days off”
* Hybrid working
* A contributory Pension scheme
* Death in service
* Social events with active social committees that plan internal and external events
* Numerous opportunities for development