In-house VAT Manager
Part Time – Remote Working with some travel to Carlisle or Wakefield
Our client is a major retail group; they seek an experienced indirect tax specialist to join their in-house tax function. In this role you will:
• You will be expected to take ownership of VAT controls and assist with compliance tasks, identify process improvement opportunities for existing process and controls, and drive positive change across the organisation.
• Manage the VAT compliance process and VAT reporting for several VAT groups.
• Prepare, review and submit Intrastat returns as necessary.
• Assist with VAT registrations across various jurisdictions.
• Manage the relationship with HMRC for all indirect tax issues.
• Work closely with advisors on VAT projects.
• Work with the Group Tax Manager on transactions and advisory issues.
• Tax governance – ensure up to date policies and strategies are in place and that the processes around them are fit for purpose.
• Tax support to the Procurement Team on ascertaining VAT ratings for new products and service lines.
• Working alongside the Group Tax Manager to improve compliance and tax reporting processes.
• Review month-end VAT account reconciliations.
• Provide internal and external audit support, including data analysis.
• Liaise with, and deal with VAT compliance and audit enquiries from, tax authorities.
• Provide Indirect Tax support to and partner with colleagues throughout the business.
• Lead and participate in cross-functional projects.
• Support business growth and on-boarding of new companies and entities
This role can be hybrid worked – part from home with some travel to Carlisle or Wakefield. Will consider 3 or 4-day week. Experience of Customs an advantage.