Our client is a major UK retailer; the business seeks an experienced tax professional to manage all aspects of tax. You will help develop its Tax Policy/Tax Strategy and processes. This role would suit a qualified tax specialist (ICAS, ACA, CTA or equivalent) with proven experience of dealing with large UK corporate groups. It is likely that you will have had some previous in-house experience. Day to day this role involves:
• Management of the corporate tax and VAT compliance.
• Tax support and due diligence on transactions including timely integration of all tax matters arising from acquisitions.
• Tax support to the Procurement Team on ascertaining VAT ratings for new products and service lines.
• Working alongside the Head of Tax to improve compliance and tax reporting processes.
• Advice to the business on capital allowances and other property related tax issues.
• Managing the Senior Accounting Officer documentation, including working with relevant teams in the business in the preparation and subsequent review of high- risk areas before presentation to the Group Finance Director.
• Review of the UK transfer pricing position and related documentation.
• Building relationships within the business and with external advisors.
• Supporting the Payroll and HR Departments with tax technical advice they need on employment issues.
• Support for the legal team on tax issues arising from contracts.
• Management of external tax advisors.
• Managing the relationship with HMRC.
• Advising on tax matters of the current developments and plans of the company together with impending tax legislation.
This is an all-round, classic in-house tax role which would suit an experienced senior manager who has a background in corporate tax and who has developed broader experience of other taxes such as VAT. There is scope for development in the position and the Group is expanding and is at an exciting time in its development.
This role could be full or part time and either office based or hybrid.