What will you be doing?
Compliance & Reporting:
* Preparation and submission of UK corporate tax computations and quarterly installment calculations.
* Responsible for year-end tax provisioning and disclosures in the statutory financial statements.
* Perform detailed review and analysis of quarterly VAT returns, including preparation of cleardown journals.
* Review of internal processes/databases to ensure tax compliance in all areas is efficiently managed so that comfort can be provided for SAO sign-off.
* Support the Payroll team with ad-hoc employment tax compliance, including reviewing annual PSA returns.
* Build and maintain a comprehensive permanent database of tax information and establish project files for specific tax advice that can be easily referenced.
* Manage tax in accordance with groups Tax Strategy and Tax Governance Framework and keep these up to date.
* Support Commercial Finance in the preparation of corporation tax forecasts for the annual budget, medium-term financial plan and scenario analysis as required.
* Manage all the tax affairs of the Group, covering corporation tax, VAT and PAYE/NIC and ensure advice across all taxes is consistent, giving consideration to both UK and foreign taxes.
* Manage exposure to and assess risks of major taxes to the Group and proactively initiate tax projects.
* Ensure the group is proactive in its tax planning and review material contracts/projects to ensure they are set up in most the tax-efficient way.
* Be the main point of contact for the business on tax issues and proactively partner with the rest of the business (Legal/HR/Procurement/Property etc.) to support decision-making making, providing relevant and practical advice.
* Assess the impact of new and proposed UK tax legislation and update the business accordingly.
* Build and manage strong relationships with HMRC and HMT and professional tax advisors for the Group.
* Build and manage the relationship with key stakeholders including payroll, commercial finance, financial operations, financial accounting, and the external auditor etc.
* Executes additional tasks as required to meet the Group changing priorities.
* Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained.
* As part of The companies commitment to ensuring a safe environment for everyone in football, every employee will be required to complete a DBS check. The level of the check required will be based on the activity of the specific job role and in line with legislation and government guidance.
What are we looking for?
Essential for the role:
* Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) or Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA) - minimum 2 years PQE.
* Experience in tax department of a medium to large accounting practice.
* Building and managing strong relationships both internally and with external organisations.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to disseminate technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of stakeholders.
* Ability to cope under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
* Understanding of the broader impact of decisions and ensuring all stakeholders are appropriately engaged.
* Proficient skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
Beneficial to have:
* Relevant operational finance experience.
* Good understanding of the sports industry.
* Thomson Reuters OneSource Tax experience.
* Microsoft Great Plains (GP) Accounting system experience