Your new company
This is a global marketing, technology and procurement company that specialise in transforming and growing highly reputable and successful brands with modern marketing campaigns, technology and systems across the world. The company is expansive, and is continuing to grow business into new markets, whilst growing its internal teams to cope with new client demands. This role was created due to an individual in the European tax team leaving, and a re-shape of the tax team to house this role in the UK. The company has offices worldwide in over 60 countries and employ over 4500 individuals. This role is based in the Wakefield office on a flexible hybrid basis where you will be required twice per week.
Your new role
As a Senior EMEA Tax Manager, you will report to the Director of Tax, whilst both proactively handling Indirect Tax work, and having management responsibilities of a small yet experienced VAT team. You will be the team manager and have responsibility for all indirect tax compliance and advice across the EMEA region. You will manage and review VAT returns prepared both in-house and through external advisors, along with supporting on group-wide projects such as mergers, acquisitions, restructuring, and system implementation.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Lead the VAT team with 5+ members located in the UK and Europe.
* Manage the team with the preparation and review of VAT returns in-house and the management of external advisors.
* Supporting the tax and finance teams on VAT account reconciliations.
* Work with the company to respond to ad-hoc day-to-day queries, applying knowledge on the VAT implications of the movement of goods cross-border, and give technical advice and find solutions to new transactions and contracts.
* Be a part of project teams to support the VAT work streams on mergers, the transfer of trade within the group, system improvements and integration, and the roll-out of a global tax system.
* Input into SAO reviews and disclosures and management/improvement of any risk areas.
* Working with the team to document processes and controls and drive forward procedure and risk management improvements.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be considered for this role, you will be an experienced tax professional, with strong expertise in VAT and Indirect Tax, along with good knowledge of EU, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) tax implications. You will have management experience, and have spent time successfully managing several members of an in-house or practice tax team. Ideally, you will have gained experience in the movement of goods tax as the company trade products and services internationally. You will have an accredited tax qualification, such as the ATT or CTA, and 10+ years worth of specialist VAT experience.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive benefit and salary package for this role, which is negotiable depending on your previous experience and knowledge within the VAT area. You will receive a salary between £80,000 and £90,000 (negotiable DOE), along with a discretionary 10% annual bonus, private healthcare and company pension scheme, plus much more. This role will see you take on an interesting, complex workload covering multiple tax jurisdictions, and offers excellent career progression. This role offers hybrid and flexible working, where you will be required to attend the Wakefield office twice per week.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact Sam Puddephatt on or 07501517572 now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career. We also offer a lucrative referral scheme should you know an individual who may find this of interest.