Your new company
A well sought for new role has arisen in a well-respected accountancy practice on the outskirts of Chippenham for a Tax Senior. The firm have been experiencing a sustained period of growth for some time and are keen to attract talented accountants looking for great career growth potential. This is therefore a perfect opportunity for an enthusiastic, driven individual to progress their career in practice to the next level!
Your new role
In your new role you will be working as an experienced Tax Senior you will manage a varied portfolio of clients, providing the highest quality compliance service to these private clients. As a member of the tax department, you will be offering day to day advice and also ensuring clients are compliant from a tax point of view. You will be reporting directly to the Tax manager for day to day issues and the managing director for all other issues.
Key Responsibilities are as followed:
* Undertake tax compliance work for clients
* Perform corporate and sole trade tax checks as required
* Ad hoc “project” work as required e.g. forecasting personal tax payments for clients
* Assist with general tax department deadlines to ensure all are met and payment reminders sent
* Help to develop and maintain the internal systems to ensure a smooth and efficient process for all tax work
* Build new and existing client relationships and demonstrate knowledge of client's businesses
* Provide tax advice to clients on an ad-hoc basis as queries arise
* Assist with tax planning as required
* Join in client meetings as required
* Take calls from potential tax only clients
* Highlight any cross-sell opportunities to the tax manager and the relevant client account manager
What you\'ll need to succeed
In order to succeed you will with have experience of tax compliance provisioning in a practice environment thus gained significant personal tax exposure in a recognised accountancy practice. This may be complimented by ongoing studying of ATT or CTA, or more extensive practical knowledge. Your previous experience in a similar role within an accountancy firm will allow you to understand the importance of managing a varied workload with strict deadlines, all whilst developing your commercial acumen and ability to spot additional opportunities for the firm. You must also be a team player, supportive and friendly as well as possessing excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
What you\'ll get in return
You'll be offered a competitive salary with additional benefits such as pension and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also receive excellent training and support and the opportunity to grow and development your career over the years to come.
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please do contact me for a no pressure discussion on your career