Financial Services group seeks a qualified Tax Manager (or Senior Manager). In this role you will ensure all reporting requirements in respect of direct and indirect taxes across all jurisdictions are met for all the Group of entities. It also requires an understanding of employment tax requirements so as to be able to advise Payroll/Reward on any related queries.
This includes preparation, review and submission of corporation tax and VAT returns and related ancillary reporting.
• Accurate preparation and submission of corporation tax returns for all Group entities, including liaison with external outsourced tax providers where applicable.
• Accurate preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns for VAT groups or individually registered entities.
• Providing input into recommendations on the most efficient VAT group structure.
• Management of external auditors and colleagues to ensure timely and efficient delivery of tax statutory audit.
• Managing iXBRL tagging of accounts for submission with corporation tax returns.
• Understanding the Making Tax Digital requirements and ensuring these are complied with in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
• Working in close partnership with the Head of Tax Advisory on any emerging tax issues, particularly around M&A activity and legal entity structure.
• Managing the Senior Accounting Officer review and sign-off process.
• Ad hoc project work.
• Ambassador for tax governance across all business activity.
• Qualified tax/financial accountant with at least 2 years post qualified experience
• Experience of tax reporting within a large company or audit practice
• UK CT/VAT technical specialist
• Excellent Excel skills
• Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
A great opportunity in a new in-house team. This role reports to a Head of Tax. Excellent pay and benefits. Can be based in London, Peterborough or Manchester.