Our client is a leading global procurement and supply chain consultancy. headquartered in central London, it has offices across Europe, the US and the Middle East. The businesses' rapid growth and international complexity requires the tax function to be constantly evolving and maturing to meet the needs of the business. Our client seeks a qualified tax professional to lead this change and ensure the function is fit for purpose.
The role will report directly to the Finance Director.
• Ownership of all corporate tax matters for the group including compliance (ie corporation tax, VAT) for both UK and overseas entities, liaising with the wider Finance team as appropriate
• Effectively manage the activities and relationship of the group’s external tax advisors as they relate to corporate tax arrangements,
• Recommend actions to improve the efficiency of tax processes,
• Recommend actions to optimise the Group’s effective tax rate according to the policy and strategy established by the Board,
• Assess the risk of tax liabilities on an on-going basis,
• Ownership of the groups transfer pricing arrangements,
• Business partnering with HR team, General Counsel and wider business to manage and advise on:
o Guidance on tax implications of globally mobile employee group
o Advise on personal tax arrangements in respect of the group’s share schemes and assist in the processing of share issues, transfers and sales etc
o Permanent establishment risks
• Maintain appropriate forecasts for upcoming tax payments,
• Recommend appropriate amendments to the corporate tax structure especially at the time of corporate transactions.
• Work closely with the wider Finance team to oversee tax compliance.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified tax professional (ACA, ICAS, ACCA or CTA or equivalent) with proven experience of large group corporate tax (SAO level and above). You will need to have dealt with tax efficient corporate structuring (e.g. on refinancings, restructuring of shareholdings etc) and the Gravitas/experience to develop the group’s tax strategy. The ideal candidate will have the ability to manage a growing tax function and to manage external advisers, as well as being the first port of call to the business on all tax matters. Candidates from practice and industry backgrounds considered. You must have UK corporate tax experience and this role does not come with visa sponsorship. Hybrid working from great offices in the heart of central London (think Trafalgar Square).